Alf has 30 years of experience as an architect working 10 years in Austria, UK and Japan with Ernst Giselbrecht, Eilfred Huth and then Lord Norman Foster before returning to Australia in 1996. Alf joined Woods Bagot in 2000 and was based in the UAE from 2003 to 2014, becoming a Principal in 2007.
In 2016 Alf established an independent design consultancy. His key roles and interests lie in the conceptual stages of a project where working closely with the client the brief and potential of a project are established and visualised. He has many years of experience in detail design and on site which, together with a thorough analysis of project parameters, inspired and responsible solutions are realized.
Bachelor of Architecture, Curtin University (WAIT)
Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH)
Member of the Advisory Group , 2013-2015.
In 2013 contributed to the deliberations on the World Trade Centre One project in New York being classified as the tallest building in North America
Alf has had significant involvement at various levels on the following award winning projects:
- Century Tower: The Society of Heating, Air Conditioning Engineers of Japan Award
- Century Tower: Intelligent Award Promotion Conference Award
- ITN Headquarters: Best Building Award 1992 from the British Council for Offices
- ITN Headquarters: RIBA Regional Architecture Award
-Century Tower: BCS Award, Tokyo for Century Tower
1992 - Lightweight Metal Cladding Association Award
- Century Tower: Nikkei Business Publications Award for Technology
- ITN Headquarters: Minerva Design Award Commendation
- Century Tower: Institution of Structural Engineers Special Award
- ITN Headquarters: Aluminum Imagination Architectural Award
- International competition for Masterplan at King’s Cross, London